This year’s theme was the “Wedding & Event Heroes Master Class” where we all shared keys to building a successful business in our industry. Our past events focused on saving the day during a particular event, but this year, we wanted to share how to build a wedding and event industry business successfully.
During the brunch our guests dined on scrumptious food prepared by Terranea’s excellent chef and catering staff, we had three mini breakout sessions where guests learned some new hands-on skills.
Dish Wish and Miki & Sonja Photography were on hand to show event planners how to style a table using a plethora of dish options to make Instagram-Worthy Tablescapes.
And, when guests arrived, they had an opportunity to learn how to take their event social with a viral photo booth by Smile Lounge Photo Booth.
During the presentation hour of the “Master Class” five of our WEHeroes presented key takeaways for our guests to help protect their businesses and help them grow.
From how to hire employees that fit your business model from VOX DJS, to how to evolve a partnership from Copper Willow Paper Studio. Made By Meg presented the essentials for food safety for on-location events and Design Visage explained the difference between an employee and an independent contractor. VIPS Entertainment talked about the importance of protecting your Intellectual Property to insure that what is yours, stays yours.
- Jennifer Messerli – Terranea Resort
- Meg Hall – Made by Meg
- Ida Gardner – Ida Gardner Events
- KC Campbell – Vox DJs
- Caren Lazarus & Kelsey Connelly – Design Visage
- Miki & Sonja Rakicevic – Miki & Sonja Photography
- Casey Schwartz & Kit Wertz – Flower Duet
- Leora Mauck – Copper Willow Studios
- Lisa Oler – Smile Lounge Photo Booth
- Alistair Tober – The VIPs Entertainment Inc.
- Amy and Jeremy Berman – Vanilla Bake Shop
- Laura Clausen – Dish Wish
- Brian Press – Impressive Creations Videography
Read all about it and see all our floral designs in our May Floral Trends Newsletter.