We had a few bunches of orange roses left from a wedding and instead of putting them into a compost bin, Kit thought of a cool floral centerpiece that would work well for a fall-themed dinner party. Whether you are having a fancy Halloween party tonight, or a post Halloween Pumpkin Chunkin party, orange roses work well as party decorations.
This pumpkin was made up of 50 orange roses in an 8-inch floral sphere. Kit shaved off the top of the sphere after she soaked it, placed it on a pedestal vase and added the roses in vertical rows to make it look like a pumpkin. Then, she added wax flower bundles in between each rose column to mimic the ridges in real pumpkins. Mini Eucalyptus branches add the green “stem.” This would be a fun for Halloween or a Thanksgiving table centerpiece. You could also substitute orange Chrysanthemums for the roses.
Rose Pumpkin Centerpiece Supplies
- 8-inch Oasis floral sphere
- Pedestal vase or compote-style vase
- 50 Orange roses: Try Voodoo, Milva or Confidential (40 cm works well…why pay for the stems when you are going to cut them off)
- 1 bunch wax flower
- 2-3 stems of any type of greenery
- Oasis Floral Adhesive – This helps to prevent the slippery rose stems from falling out of the foam near bottom of vase. After you cut the rose stem, apply a little glue to the side of them (don’t block the end of the stem) and insert into the foam. This will help lock the stems in place.