All-day design workshop combines all our wedding floral design classes into one day + bonus arch and garland application!
Hosted in our spacious floral and photo design studio in the South Bay of Los Angeles, California.
Digital professional photos of your work with a bride model holding your bouquet flowers.
October 4, 2017.
All-day floral design workshop begins at 9 a.m. and ending at 5:30 p.m.
Includes a catered lunch & all flowers, vases and tools.
Class size limited to 12 students.
Cost is $595 per student.
What You’ll Learn
Work with American Grown Flowers, Garden Roses, Orchids, Succulents and more!
9 — 11 a.m. — Hand-tied bouquets in two styles: rounded and asymmetrical — Pick your style and design it!
11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Wire work: Create a boutonniere and learn how corsages and floral crowns are made
1:30 — 3:00 p.m. — Centerpiece: Create a low centerpiece and learn principles for safe elevated designs
3:15 — 4:00 p.m.- Learn how to attach floral sprays and garlands to gazebos and arches
4:00 — 5:30 p.m. — Professional Photo sessions/Q & A
20+ Years Experience For You
Kit & Casey, your floral design duo from Flower Duet, have over 20 years of floral design experience around the world, California and Los Angeles. You will find very experienced designers for this one-day wedding flower design workshop who will share everyday experiences in this competitive wedding industry. Frequently sought-after as guest speakers and featured in magazines like Martha Stewart Weddings and California Wedding Day, Flower Duet knows what’s hot and what’s not in floral design. In addition to teaching flower arranging classes, workshops and private lessons every week, we also design, build and install custom floral designs for weddings and events every week!
Frequently Asked Questions about our All-Day Design Workshop
What will I learn?
- How to create a hand-tied bridal bouquet in two styles: rounded and asymmetrical.
- How to wire flowers for boutonnieres, corsages and floral crowns.
- How to create a centerpiece with tips on creating raised designs on tall vases.
- How to work with garlands and floral sprays on arches, Chuppahs and gazebos.
What types of flowers will I work with?
We will have a huge variety of flowers in many color schemes to choose from for your designs including American Grown and California Grown flowers. Flowers we plan to feature include garden roses, standard roses, spray roses, bulb flowers, ranunculus, orchids, hellebore, succulents, and over 10 types of branches and greenery to celebrate Pantone’s 2017 Color of the Year!
What floral design experience do I need?
Whether you are a fairly new floral designer or one with years of instruction, you’ll feel at home in this seminar. For each design, we’ll take you step-by-step so you’ll never be lost. You’ll have ample time for questions and we’ll help you tweak your design along the way.
What do I bring?
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes that are warm as our design studio is cool (to keep flowers fresh!) We have raised stools for your own design space so you’ll have the option to sit or stand during the day-long instruction. We also have a lounge area and private bathroom. Lunch is included with vegetarian and vegan options available to order ahead of time. We provide all the tools, notebooks and flowers…so all you really need to bring is yourself.
Where do I stay?
Do you offer a floral design certificate program?
We will present you with a certificate of completion at the end of the seminar for your records. (NOTE: The State of California does not require a license to be a florist.)
What is included with the seminar fee?
- The all-day wedding flower design workshop begins at 9 a.m. and concludes at 5:30 p.m.
- Free catered lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. and menu options will be available before class.
- You will keep the floral designs you create from the bouquet, wire and centerpiece portions of the class.
- You will also receive five images taken by a professional photographer of your designs you make in the seminar.
Where is Flower Duet’s all-day wedding flower design workshop located?
We are located 13 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and just 4 miles from the Beach! Our studio is in a business park at 2675 Skypark Drive, Suite 205, Torrance, CA 90274. Free parking.
- Bottled water available all day. Coffee and Pastries for breakfast. Catered lunch included.
- Menu for lunch will be available prior to the workshop.
TRAVEL + ACCOMMODATIONS
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is 13 miles from our studio. About a 30-minute drive or cab ride.
- Recommendations for hotels included in the FAQs list above.
- Participants may cancel on or before Aug 25, 2017 and have 50% of their final invoice balance returned, no questions asked. Cancellations past Aug 25, 2017 will not be eligible for a refund