Use Rubber Mallets to Make Hapazome
Rubber Mallets were the universal favorite way for our summer camp kids to create beautiful hapazome prints with flower petals and leaves on watercolor paper.
How to create a hapazome?
- Start with heavy duty watercolor paper (notecards are nice)
- Collect colorful collections of petals and greenery that are fresh. Pansy faces work especially well.
- Place watercolor paper on a hard surface (we used the ground) over another paper like cardboard.
- Place a design of petals.
- Cover with plain white paper (like copier paper)
- Pound with rubber mallet lightly all over.
- Lift off cover paper to see results and scrape away any remaining petals or leaves.
- Let dry.